Return to Boater Board

Gull Race Dates

Home Page Forums Boater Board Gull Race Dates

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #4727
    Dan.
    Participant

    Hi,

    is the open boat race on Saturday or Sunday?

    Thanks,
    Dan

    #30171
    bonzai
    Participant

    There will be races all day on both Saturday and Sunday, with set-up on friday.

    #30172
    Hipnazi
    Participant

    GULL OPEN CANOE RACE SCHEDULE 2007

    Friday Sept 7

    9 am to 3 pm (or earlier): Course set-up. meet at the clubhouse
    Late afternoon and evening: Practice (after the course set-up is finished)
    7 to 9 pm: Registration at the clubhouse

    Saturday Sept 8

    Practice ‘til 12:00 noon
    12:00 noon: Volunteers meet at the clubhouse/flagpole
    12:30 pm: Racers meet at the clubhouse/flagpole

    Races from 1 pm to 5:30 pm:
    Masters, Men’s Solo
    Mixed Tandem
    Junior and Senior Tandem
    Kids’ Splash Race (at the lake)

    Practice after the races are done

    Sunday Sept 9

    8:00 am: Volunteers meet at the clubhouse/flagpole
    8:30 am: Racers meet at the clubhouse/flagpole

    Races from 9 am to 12 noon:
    Women’s Solo
    Men’s Tandem
    Women’s Tandem
    Junior Solo

    Races from 1 pm to 4 pm:
    Glass Solo Open
    Masters, Women’s Solo
    Men’s Solo

    5:00 pm: Wrap-up, awards and raffle at the clubhouse/flagpole.

    #30173
    cmnypny
    Participant
    "Hipnazi":3qqnxujy wrote:
    9 am to 3 pm (or earlier): Course set-up. meet at the clubhouse[/quote:3qqnxujy]

    Just a reminder for paddlers to be carefull as there will be wires and rope strung across the river at water level from time to time until they are tightened up above.

    #30174
    Dan.
    Participant

    thanks!

    #30175
    Andy Phillips
    Participant

    Again this year I will bring what boats I have in the demo fleet for you all to use in the Glass Boat event. Yes we will bring the last Splash in stock for the kids to use and share with those needing a boat for this event.

    Please register yourself in this glass boat event, as I am not charging for use of these boats during this event,( glass event or splash event) to help get more of us on the water. You will have to pay your own entry fees however and don’t worry about damaging these boats… We haven’t in the past four years at this event or any other!!! I build’em to be "rocked" and beaten, so relax and paddle to your abilities and above all have fun!

    Andy @ Composite Creations

    #30176
    Bobbie
    Participant

    Could anyone tell me if the racers be starting from the dam, or from below Whitehorse?

    I was thinking of getting some play in the hole below the dam this weekend… And maybe Earl’s…..

    R.

    #30177
    cmnypny
    Participant
    "Bobbie":3s4xd4kb wrote:
    Could anyone tell me if the racers be starting from the dam, or from below Whitehorse?

    I was thinking of getting some play in the hole below the dam this weekend… And maybe Earl’s…..

    R.[/quote:3s4xd4kb]

    Below the falls all the way to the wave at the bottom.

    See you up there.

    I will cut you a dvd if I see you there.

    #30178
    The Great Gonzo
    Participant
    "Hipnazi":c100ppcs wrote:
    GULL OPEN CANOE RACE SCHEDULE 2007

    Friday Sept 7

    9 am to 3 pm (or earlier): Course set-up. meet at the clubhouse
    Late afternoon and evening: Practice (after the course set-up is finished)
    7 to 9 pm: Registration at the clubhouse

    Saturday Sept 8

    Practice ‘til 12:00 noon
    12:00 noon: Volunteers meet at the clubhouse/flagpole
    12:30 pm: Racers meet at the clubhouse/flagpole

    Races from 1 pm to 5:30 pm:
    Masters, Men’s Solo
    Mixed Tandem
    Junior and Senior Tandem
    Kids’ Splash Race (at the lake)

    Practice after the races are done

    Sunday Sept 9

    8:00 am: Volunteers meet at the clubhouse/flagpole
    8:30 am: Racers meet at the clubhouse/flagpole

    Races from 9 am to 12 noon:
    Women’s Solo
    Men’s Tandem
    Women’s Tandem
    Junior Solo

    Races from 1 pm to 4 pm:
    Glass Solo Open
    Masters, Women’s Solo
    Men’s Solo

    5:00 pm: Wrap-up, awards and raffle at the clubhouse/flagpole.[/quote:c100ppcs]

    Does anyone know if it is, as last time I was there, still possible to register on Saturday morning as well?
    I would like to participate at the race again this year, but I can’t make it to Minden tonight.

    TGG!

    #30179
    Andy Phillips
    Participant

    Gonzo

    I believe there will be the opportunity on Sat. Morning as a lot of us travel more than 5hrs to take part. Knowing some of the event organizers and sponsers like myself won’t be there till early Sat. morning, it be just wrong to not offer registration for a brief time Sat. morning.

    Other wise I too am outa luck to register for my race not being held till Sunday !

    Andy

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.