Return to Boater Board

KIPAWA Now’s a Good Time to Go

Home Page Forums Boater Board KIPAWA Now’s a Good Time to Go

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #4175
    skeggsd
    Participant

    Just because no one will be heading up to the Kipawa on Rally weekend due to the cancellation, doesn’t mean you can’t paddle this beautiful river.

    The Environment Canada website indicates that the Laniel Dam is open…big water on the Kip right now.

    The flow is showing 192 cms (244 old values). This is a kick-a@# level on the Kipawa, a bigger level than we’ve ever had for a rally.

    What I don’t know is how long this level will hold, or if it will still be up for the weekend.

    You can get the details on how to access the level gauge site from our website. You will need to convert the gauge readings into cms…see here for details.

    http://www.kipawariver.ca/eng/the_river3.html

    D

    #27567
    skeggsd
    Participant

    The Kipawa is holding steady at 192 cms (244 old values). This is a kick-a@# level on the Kipawa, a bigger level than we’ve ever had for a rally.

    Not sure how long this will last, but if you get a chance you should paddle this level.

    d

    #27568
    Butterflies
    Participant

    We are going sunday (arriving somewhere around noon).

    Anyone interested in coming with us (Tom and JD), and possibly working out shuttle, call us:

    Tom (819-762-5939)
    JD (819-763-1715)

    Yes, the level seems kick-@%&*!!! Thanks for posting the info Doug!

    Tom

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.